Set up for Audio / Visual Equipment / Sitting
There are a number of factors that impact on the success of a presentation. These include the quality of the sound system, intensity of the lighting, sitting and general comfort level of the room. We realize, however that room and audience size and other considerations may affect requirements. Rest assured that we are flexible and willing to work with our clients to produce the best overall results.
Visual Equipment Preference
Visual Equipment to be provided at the event by sponsoring organization:
- A laptop computer, with 1024 x 768 screen resolution. Dave may be running a various video files from the laptop which will be projected. Connect to the internet is preferable.
- A data projector (DLP or LCD) with 1200+ lumens output and 1024 x 768 (XGA) resolution.
- A screen, largest practical size
- A standard skirted rolling AV cart, 42-inch high (1.1M).
- A wireless lapel microphone (with audiences greater than 50 persons)
- AC power to the lectern (the cart) and to the data projector
- A computer-projector connecting cable (up to 25 ft. or 8 meters long depending on room size)
- A sound patch from the computer to the room's PA system. The patch needs to be a 1/8" stereo mini plug output.
Dave will bring his PowerPoint presentation on a memory stick for loading on to your system. Due to the proprietary nature of his presentation, the file needs to be removed from client’s computer once the session is finished.
Audio Preferences (Keynotes)
- Wireless clip-on microphone
- One handheld microphone for audience participation
- LCD Projector for PowerPoint presentation.
Audio Preferences (Workshops)
- Wireless clip on microphone
- LCD Projector for PowerPoint presentation
- Laptop computer. Dave will bring his PowerPoint presentation on a memory stick for loading on to your system. Due to the proprietary nature of his presentation, the file needs to be removed from client’s computer once the session is finished
(Alternatively, Dave may bring his own laptop computer with PowerPoint presentation to connect to your LCD projection system. In which case, a connection to the LCD projector for his laptop will be necessary)
- Connection to LCD projector for laptop computer. The laptop computer should be placed on a nearby table or AV cart so that the speaker can see the computer screen
- Remote changer for moving PowerPoint slides– if laptop computer provided by client
- Projection screen suitable for size of room and audience
- Access to facility’s wireless internet connection
- A portable speaker to connect to laptop or the capability to connect into the room’s speaker system to ensure audio from computer videos can be heard by participants
- Small rectangular table (at front of room) for Speaker to place materials
NOTE: Technical person should be available during setup and during the presentation if microphones are used.
Please call our office at 780-460-3028 with any questions regarding A/V support.
Room Setup (Workshops)
My workshops are interactive. To facilitate discussion and group work I prefer:
- Tables seating six to eight people, depending on the room size and total number of participants
Please make sure that participants can see the screen. (i.e. avoid pillars)
- Table tents
- Name tags for participants
- Paper and pens on desk for note taking
- Water for participants
Presentation Materials/Handouts are emailed in advance so that my clients can reproduce high quality copies in sufficient quantity for the expected audience.
Books and CD’s: Educational materials are available on request. Discounts are available for larger orders. If no materials are ordered, Dave reserves the right to conduct back of room product sales.
Rest assured that we are flexible and willing to work with our clients to produce the best overall results for our clients and the audience.